Fight the Fat and be healthy.
Obesity is not a disease but a serious condition where your body puts excess fat. In general terms, an obese person is found to have an extra 20 % of his or her normal weight. By preventing obesity, you can also prevent other serious medical conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease etc.
Practical Tips to Fight the Fat:
Here are some practical tips that help you to fight the fat in reality:
- Recognize that obesity is a disease. While most epidemics can be defeated with a pill or vaccine, obesity requires people to change the way they eat and live.
- Eat healthily. Include fruits, green vegetables, cereals, and whole grain foods in your daily diet. Avoid sweets, fried, packaged and refined foods. Eat 5-6 small meals instead of 3 big meals.
- Eliminate sugars and carbs from your diet to lower your insulin levels. Add protein to your diet as it is the king of nutrients to burn fat.
- Set aside at least 30 minutes every day for cardiovascular exercise. Walking, jogging, running, cycling and swimming are great for weight loss. Don’t exercise for 30 minutes straight away. Take a couple of breaks initially and then tune your body for the continuous session.
- Ignore popular quick-fix weight loss methods unless they are medically supervised. This category includes fad diets, weight loss pills, and powders and fat burning machines. Instead of doing good, it might harm you.
- Become a non-smoker.
- Avoid drinking. Most forms of alcohol contain a high percentage of fat.
Reverse the Clock:
Reverse the clock. Discouraging as this state of health might be, remember that you are a not a lost cause. Give life a second chance. There are effective solutions; from lifestyle modification, diet, and exercise on one end of the spectrum to bariatric surgery on the other.
It’s your Turn to Fight the Fat
Don’t get defeated by obesity. Just fight the fat with determination. Never lose hope.