What does A Yeast Infection Look Like? This is the most haunting question if you have a reservation regarding yeast infection. Straight to the point, what does a yeast infection look like is more dependent on its location.
But, if you analyze yeast infections, then the first impression is that it gives you a feeling of inconvenience and embarrassment. The main problem associated with a yeast infection is that it affects all most all parts of the body starting from hands to other parts like mouth, vagina etc.
What Does A Yeast Infection Look Like?
As we discussed what does a yeast infection look like … it is more dependent on the area it affects. Some observe that a yeast infection looks like a swollen patch of red skin when a yeast infection is found at armpits, back of knee and elbow, under breasts, and sensitive areas like ear and groin etc.
Scientifically, yeast infection is termed as Candidiasis. According to medical experts, Yeast infection is dependent on various factors like the improper balance between natural yeast and that of bacteria, acidity levels present on your skin or in your vagina.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection:
If you happen to observe what does a yeast infection look like, then you can make a note that these are nothing but the symptoms of yeast infection:
- Vaginal Discharge: – In the case of vaginal discharge, a yeast infection looks like a white (curd-like) odourless discharge around vaginal part.
- Vaginal Dryness:- In the case of vaginal dryness, a yeast infection looks like vaginal part is completely dry. This is completely due to the absence of body’s natural moisturizers and lubricants.
- Painful Intercourse:- Painful intercourse is another symptom of yeast infection. You will experience high pain in sexual acts.
- Itching Around Vagina:- A yeast infection looks like itching at the vagina. This is particularly due to dryness and vaginal discharge.
- Urination Problem:- A yeast infection looks like burning while urination. This is the first symptom generally observed during yeast infections.
- Oral Infection:- If the yeast infection is prevalent along the oral cavity, then the whitish patch is observed above the red skin. Many of us try to wipe out that. But it is a bad practice.
- Finger & Toe Yeast Infection:- This kind of yeast infection looks like other skin infections characterized by itching and redness.
- Babies Infection:- In babies, a yeast infection is common as they are more covered with damp diapers. This when comes close to skin you will find itching, rashes, and redness in babies.
It’s your turn …
Incidentally, if you have happened to observe any yeast infection symptoms, then you need to take a lot of care. There are many OTC drugs and prescription medicines to treat yeast infection; but I would prefer Home Remedies for Yeast Infection. It is simple, tried and tested over the years. I feel cool and comfortable using an alternative treatment, and hope can really help you!